Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On My first stripper and Robbing the Old Lady

For those who think my work is dull I offer the above catchy headline.

I receive a call today from a customer who tells me that she works in the entertainment business and gets paid only in cash, which is part of why she didn't file taxes... Well yes, I would imagine that line of work doesn't exactly come with a W2 and a health plan. Needless to say it was an educational experience to say the least.

The second part of the story is less amusing but still interesting. A 79 year old lady called me and I spent over thirty minutes trying to convence her that if she would simply pay the user fee to get into a monthly payment plan that she could send us $25 per month as opposed to the $157 she was sending in via her SS check. When we finally succeeded in bridging the communication gap she was practically turning cartwheels for joy. Nice to know it's the lady as a gender I struggle to communicate clearly with. :)

No comments: