Saturday, December 11, 2010

On Sleep, Saturday, and Eyore

I had the delight of waking up this morning at 11am, and was struck by the thought that this time would in the days of my youth, have been far too late for the truly important part of Saturday- i.e. cartoons. I am amused by the fact that when I was younger I would happily wake up at 7 or 8am to watch favorites, and when I was a bit older WWE, where as now I long for nothing more then a few extra hours worshiping Somnus.

I was also amused to be called Eeyoreish by a friend this week. Although I think of myself as being more Tiggerish, or perhaps Owlish, I fear that now and again Eeyore does indeed describe me well. (On a side note I have been having heated arguments with family and friends for the last few years about Eyore's coloring. Imagine my delight when I found the wiki linked above proving that victory is mine. Glooting? Me?)

Work continues a pace. Making it through in a fairly good way, and starting to get a handle on the job. Looking at hosting a New Year's Eve party at my place and of course prepping for the annual holiday known as the date of my birth. :)

No comments: