Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GOP holds strong

“Our state has been spending beyond its means for many years now,” said Assemblyman Chuck DeVore, an Orange County Republican. “We’re asking the taxpayers of California for too much of their own money to cover over a problem of our own making.” --Full Article

"[...] here's a great definition of bipartisanship: "Roosevelt and Reagan reveal the dirty rotten secret of bipartisanship. It happens only when one side is cowed, beaten or frightened. More competitive elections mean more ardent debates." And there's a perfect definition of bipartisanship. The Democrat version: "We're gonna beat you down, we're gonna make you bring your toothbrush in here and you're going to go along with us because we're going to frighten you, we're going to cow you and we're going to make you think it is hopeless," and that's bipartisanship. Bipartisanship only happens when one side caves in, [...] because it involves quitting, and of course, Winston Churchill, whose statue, whose bust was sent packing by Obama, one of his favorite quotes, "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ---Full Article

These thoughts are extremely valid IMO. Additionally I found this on the Liberal Wellfare state most itneresting. I find it unfortunately the people are determined to make wards and dependents of the state everywhere. Although I myself receive Social Security for being blind it is not a state I would wish upon anyone. I constantly feel useless and a mooch off of those who do work and pay taxes. I am insulted and vexed that Liberials seem to think this should be the state for everyone, those who work and better themselves being forced to give what they have earned to those who have not earned it, myself included. I hope a more reasonable way of thinking, one that upholds the value of the individual and his or her right to better themselves and keep what they have earned takes a new firm grip on the imagination and values of this country.

Finally I found this on free trade and protectionist concerns a spine chilling read. I spoke with my property manager todya and he and I agreed that if this absurdity of big government speading and caving to the victimhood mentality continues we will be in a poor state very shortly indeed. God keep us focus on you.

No comments: