Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christian Book List

Over the course of my Christian walk I have had the opportunity to read a large number of books, some classics and some modern offerings, which have impacted my walk. I thought I would provide a list of the ones I have found most helpful, as several of my friends have recently converted to Christ. I pray they and all those who read the below will come to know Him more fully. Many of the titles can be found here.

All of the works of the authors listed below are edifying. I have listed the primary work that has effected me; however, all of the works by C.S. Lewis or John Bunyan for example are worth reading.

1. Mere Christianity -C.S. Lewis

2. The Imitation of Christ -Thomas à Kempis

3. The Pilgrim's Progress -John Bunyan

4. Confessions -St. Augustine

5. The Institutes of the Christian Religion -John Calvin

6. Foxe's Book of Martyrs -John Foxe

7. The Practice of the Presence of God -Brother Lawrence

8. The Athanasian Creed

9. Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God -Jonathan Edwards

10. The Cross of Christ -John Stott

11. Knowing Scripture -R.C. Sproul

12. The Book of Common Prayer 1928 Edition

No comments: