Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Walking in a Rain Storm and Giving a Cricket a Heart Attack

So I went to a Campus Crusade for Christ meeting tonight. Met some good folks and am going to an event Sunday night to start a new prayer room on campus. Walking to the Univeristy Center was fine, dodged the rain and thought the weather gods were on my side. Ha, ha. Unfortunately I didn't consider their supreme sense of irony.
As I walked back I thought I was on the right course, but it was pouring rain and due to a sip up I ended up being mixed up when I was on the right course all along. I was able to make it back (thank you CCB), and it was a learning experience.
When I got home I discovered that my lodger, a cricket who has been chirping at all hours on the night keeping me awake, was still making his abode with me. His lack of death was not due to any lack of effort on my part. At one point at 3am I actually considered burning down the place to slay my arch foe. Fortunately I didn't, so when I walked into my office, soaking wet from the rain, and found yon chripomatic still going I let out a war cry to let him (and half the apartment building) know that death was ni for him. He has been silent ever sicne which leads me to believe that perhaps I gave him a heart attack.
Who said life isn't fun? Walking in the rain and slaying crickets by heart attack... Well at least there's cold coffee in the fridge.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt," Bush reportedly told a group of senators.

Good idea O'Lord.

I follow with the iced coffee...

No comments: